followers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a day of Titans and weird-named-gods...

It was almost the end of my shift where my friends and I decided to do something for the weekend. Even if its still a Black Saturday, working people need time to relax and chill from a week long work. Yes, I am still working even on a holiday which is one of the benefits of my very rewarding work. Also, malls are now opened since they closed out for the Holy Week. Nice. :)

Its the first showing day of the CLASH OF THE TITANS movie in the Philippines. We therefore agreed to watch that film since we heard that is one of the "movies to watched for". We then proceed to Eastwood Mall Libis, just a few steps away from our office, to buy tickets but the 3pm slot were already sold-out so we end up watching the 3:50pm slot.

On with the movie. Clash of the Titans is about Perseus' life and his adventures in finding ways on how he can defeat the Kraken. Perseus was played by Sam Worthington who is also the lead actor in the movie Avatar. The movie started with a brief introduction on how the Olympians came to be the most powerful gods. Then begins on how the baby Perseus was saved by a fisherman and how he was raised as a simple son of a fisherman. Years later, when Perseus' family went fishing, they saw a group of soldiers destroying a gigantic Zeus statue. This means that the humans are declaring war to the gods because they think that they are more powerful than the gods and is tired of praising them. Hades, the god of the underworld, kills most of those soldiers and destroyed the boat where Perseus and his family were, resulting to the death of Perseus' family. This event made Perseus wanting to avenge his family and kill Hades. The surviving soldiers found Perseus and they bought him back with them to Argos. This starts the journey of Perseus and in seeking revenge for his family and eventually, finding out who he really is. End of my plot, you have to watch the movie to know what happens next and how he defeats Hades' creature, the Kraken.


NOTE: Movie poster taken from wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_the_Titans_(2010_film)

My take on the movie, over-all it was good but not that great because I am expecting more from the film. I'm not sure what it is I'm really looking for but there isn't no such impact on me after seeing the movie. Same goes with my friends whom I watched the movie with, they also find the film not that amusing. Knowing Zeus and the other Gods again made me think of my high school Mythology class where we need to memorize those weird names of gods who married with another weird name and whose sons and daughters also has weird names, sometimes longer weird names. The movie was a remake of the 1981 film of the same name, as what I had researched (yes, I did some research on this to remind me of the story and those weird god names). I haven't seen that 1981 film, I wasn't even born on that year, so I really don't know the difference between the two and their story lines.

The Clash of the Titans' story is somewhat similar with the Percy Jackson movie, an adventure filled journey into a world on creatures and monster that the lead actor needs to fight with. The special effects, costumes and designs are great, as expected in Hollywood movies, as well as the fight scenes. The movie really showed how the ancient times looks like and the scenery are very very nice and appealing to the eyes, specially the city of Argos and the place where the gigantic Zeus statue stands. For me, I would rate this movie 8 out of 10 and will recommend it to other movie goers who wants action, adventure and weird-named-Gods. Note that this is just my opinion, just watch the movie and see for yourself. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Selina



    i am Montoya Jazhel from the philiphines ,i was in a big problem in my marital life so i read your testimony on how Dr Ikhide help you get your husband back and i said i will give it a try and i contacted the Dr Ikhide to help me and he promised to help me get my problem solved. now am so happy with my life because all my problems are over. Thanks to the great Dr Ikhide for the help and Thanks to you Selina.

    You can reach him with this email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com and i promise he will not disappoint you.



    I AM SO HAPPY…… remember here is his email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081



































    Kumusta Selina



    ako si Montoya Jazhel mula sa pilipinas, ako ay nasa malaking problema sa aking buhay sa pag-aasawa kaya nabasa ko ang iyong patotoo sa kung paano tulungan si Dr Ikhide na maibalik ang iyong asawa at sinabi kong susubukan ko ito at makipag-ugnay sa Dr Ikhide upang matulungan ako at nangako siyang tulungan ako na malulutas ang aking problema. ngayon masaya ako sa aking buhay dahil ang lahat ng aking mga problema ay tapos na. Salamat sa mahusay na Dr Ikhide para sa tulong at Salamat sa iyo Selina.

    Maabot mo siya sa email na ito: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com at ipinapangako ko na hindi ka niya bibiguin.



    AKO KAYA NAKAKITA …… tandaan dito ay ang kanyang email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081

    ReplyDelete